Girl Power Hour is the Seattle area premier “Stylish Networking for Women.” I started attending Girl Power Hour events when I launched my business and was so honored to have been chosen as one of their 10 makeover contestants earlier this year. The atmosphere is so encouraging, inspiring and fun!
This coming Monday, April 24 marks the beginning of the Fit & Fab 30 Day Challenge. I am so honored to be part of the team! I am part of “Team Feel Good” providing mental support as well as delicious recipes! I plan on sharing my journey losing 100 pounds, what I learned and help inspire others to get healthy as well! Here is some information.
“We are excited to announce our 3rd Annual Mind-Body Challenge starting on Monday April 23, 2012 and ending on May 24th at the Girl Power Hour Fit & Fab event at Makers in Belltown. This year we challenge you to take a look at your habits and find ways to live a healthy life while taking your lifestyle into consideration during this 1 month period of time. Team GPH (Zong Her & Corrie Westmoreland-Vairo and I) will be encouraging you along the way with our individual blogs via Tumblr while Team Hustle (our resident fitness gurus), Team Make it Count (our resident nutritionists) and Team Feel Good (our resident mental mind shifters) will be posting weekly blogs with fitness options, healthy tips for girls on the go, recipes and anecdotes to keep us going right here on gph.com and on our GPH Group Page on Facebook.
This year, the Girl Power Hour challenge will be a “Trifecta of Three” 30 day challenge approach focusing on integrating nutrition, fitness and mental state into the lives we all lead to make it work for us. Sounds standard, but before I get to the juicy details, I wanted to talk about the Challenges we’ve done in the past…”
We’ll be focusing on three aspects: nutrition, fitness, mental state…it’s what we like to refer to as the “Trifecta of Three”. In theory, if you have all three in balance, you should be able to live a fit and healthy lifestyle to its fullest. But how does it apply to you? We’ve appointed three teams to help us tackle that question; each team representing a point of the Trifecta:
- Team Make it Count. Consisting of 3 nutritionists who will help us understand our eating habits, how we can adjust them to make sense for our lifestyles, overcoming emotional eating and more.
- Team Hustle. Consisting of 3 fitness gurus who will provide support by offering weekly fitness options that you can take part in and the kind of kick-in-the-butt support that only a trainer can offer.
- Team Feel Good. Consisting of 3 gals who will offer mental support, tips and recipes to the community via the GPH Blog and in the FB Group.
Team GPH. Consisting of 3 GPH Team Members (Myself, Zong, Corrie), we’ve created a profile for each “Girl.” A Girl that each of you, should be able to identify with:
How Can I take part in this Challenge you ask?
1.) Identify with one of the 3 “Girls” (Socialite with an Appetite, Modern Day Maven or Fast Moving Fitness Fiend)
2.) Join the Girl Power Hour Facebook Group to post about your experience and get tips from our Fitness & Nutrition Gurus
3.) Tweet that you are taking the challenge and to help spread the word to others with #fitfab and @GirlPowerHour
5.) Take advantage of the GPH specials and join in on the 7-8 activities and work-outs around town per week that Team Hustle will be offering to our community. You can find a calendar of all work-outs and activities for 30 Days Here. Join in on the action!
5.) Follow Team GPH’s challenge- track your progress and keep up with ours via Tumblr.
6.) Add the Advocare 24 Day Challenge to the mix to help you cut fat and slim down with supplements and more!
7.) Create your own Mind-Body Fitness Health Challenge- track it and share your ups and downs with us on our blog posts or on our Girl Power Hour Facebook Group Page!
Most importantly let us know that you want to be apart of this challenge, tweet us, fb us, email us. We want to hear from you and so do our teams. The first 25 to join us in the challenge will receive a special GPH gift!
How can Chef Kirsten support you during this challenge – and beyond?
- Sign up for Menus by Mesa de Vida – get healthy weekly dinner menus sent to you every week with a meal plan, grocery list to get you in and out of the store in minutes buying only what you need, easy to follow recipes that take minutes to prepare and “Bring More Life To Your Table!” Allow me to save your hours per week AND money!
- Want to kick your cravings and take 5 days to enjoy 100% unprocessed, pure, delicious food? Buy my 5-day “Kick Your Cravings and Healthify Your Body” Meal Plan! Get your healthy lifestyle off to a great start!
- Learn my steps that I used to lose and keep off over 100 pounds. My “Lifestyle Transformation with Chef Kirsten – 6 Proven Steps to Transform Your Body Forever!” gives you all of the tools and knowledge you need to get healthy and slim once and for all!
- Allow me to be your personal chef! If you are in the Bellevue/Seattle area I would be happy to cook your meals for you on a weekly/monthly basis or prepare the meals for your 5-day plan. As your personal chef I custom design menus and recipes made specifically for your tastes and preferences – OR I also can follow specific recommendations from your doctor, trainer or nutritionist. I show up on our cook date with everything I need – groceries, my “kitchen on wheels” and spend a few hours preparing your homemade meals for the refrigerator or freezer. I clean your kitchen, leave the house smelling amazing and you get to enjoy your meals when you are ready for them! No battling traffic heading to a restaurant to wait, paying for sub-par service and food that is not made specifically for you, tipping and then heading back home. Sit back in the comfort of your own home and enjoy your homemade meals! I have cooked for every diet plan, those with allergy restrictions, A-list celebrities and even out of the galley of a yacht. Let me know how I can help you!
P.S. Have you subscribed to my blog yet? I’ll send you a free gift “Mesa de Vida’s Guide to Healthy Family Favorites” – don’t miss it! Sign up HERE! Want help reaching your goals – putting healthy meals on the family table or losing weight, once and for all? I lost over 100 pounds by transforming my life – let me help you reach your goals too! Check it out!