Here is a simple yet spectacular recipe for a one-pot meal that will be sure to bring life to your table.
Arroz con Pollo (rice and chicken) is now boosted with nourishment using Mesa de Vida’s Smoky Latin Inspired cooking sauce! If you purchase your mushrooms and chicken pre-sliced, you won’t even have to pick up a knife or dirty a cutting board! All of the onions, garlic and chef-blended seasonings are in this flavor packed little jar, ready for you to pour and enjoy the aroma that will fill your kitchen.
I have included instructions for the stove top and the Instant Pot too. Let’s get cooking!
(Did you make this? Share with us using the hashtag #BringLifeToYourTable and #MesadeVida! Make sure you use your custom referral code after you become a customer to receive 10% off for every person you get to discover our wonderful cooking sauces!)
Arroz con Pollo
Stove top directions. Serves 6-8. Any extra makes great leftover lunches! Leave out the chicken if you’d like to make this a vegan dish, Arroz con Verduras!
Healthy oil/fat of your choice, 2-3 tsp (optional)
1-2 cups sliced mushrooms
3/4 – 1 pound chicken breast or thigh, diced or sliced (We recommend you use chicken thigh if you’re using brown rice as it can hold up to the longer cooking without drying out.)
1 cup brown rice, rinsed (Substituting white rice? Simply cut the cooking time down to 20 minutes to simmer.)
1 jar Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin Inspired Cooking Sauce
1 1/2 cups low-sodium homemade or high quality store bought chicken or vegetable broth
Optional: Season to taste with salt and hot sauce
1 cup frozen peas, carrots and corn
Optional: Fresh cilantro to garnish
- Heat a stock pot (or large skillet with high sides and a lid) over medium-high heat. When hot add oil, swirl to coat. Add the mushrooms and saute until they give off their liquid then begin to brown a bit.
2. Add the chicken and rice to the pan.
3. Pour your Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin Inspired cooking sauce into a measuring cup. Add a little broth to the jar, replace the lid and shake out any excess sauce, pour into the measuring cup. Add more broth to equal a total of 2 cups of liquid. Pour into the pan.
4. Season to taste with salt and hot sauce, stir and bring to a boil. As soon as it boils lower the heat to low, cover and simmer for 35 minutes. (Using white rice? Cook for 20 minutes.)
5. After the rice add the frozen vegetables to the pan, lightly stir, cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
6. Turn off the heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
7. Fluff with a fork, serve and enjoy!
ARROZ CON POLLO directions for the instant pot
- Select “Saute” on your Instant Pot. When hot add oil, swirl to coat. Add the mushrooms and saute until they give off their liquid then begin to brown a bit.
2. Add the chicken and rice to the Instant Pot.
3. Pour your Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin Inspired cooking sauce into a measuring cup. Add a little broth to the jar, replace the lid and shake out any excess sauce, pour into the measuring cup. Add more broth to equal a total of 2 cups of liquid. Pour into the Instant Pot.
4. Season to taste with salt and hot sauce, stir. Place the lid on your Instant Pot, make sure the toggle on top is on “Seal”. Select “Rice” on your Instant Pot and set the timer for 25 minutes. (Using white rice? Cook for 6-8 minutes.)
5. After the timer goes off use Quick Release then add the frozen vegetables to the pot, lightly stir, cover. Set the toggle on top back to “Seal” and select the “Rice” function again, this time setting the time for just 5 minutes.
6. Use Quick Release and let rest for 5 minutes.
7. Fluff with a fork, serve and enjoy!
*Due to variations in Instant Pot models you make have to cook your rice for more/less time. Leave your comments below with your model and tips for perfect timing!
Sign up for our newsletter so you won’t miss out on our exclusive discounts and fresh new recipes delivered straight to your email!
Are you trying to live a real-food lifestyle and need help? We have free tips, grocery lists for healthy staples to keep on hand and downloads to help you achieve the Mesa de Vida lifestyle over here!