Do you like jerk chicken? Then our Caribbean inspired healthy cooking sauce will not only satisfy your craving for jerk recipes, our gluten free cooking sauce is also versatile, opening up a whole new world of Caribbean recipes to bring life to your table!
Best of all our sauce is versatile, packed with flavor AND nutrition, and unlike most jerk and Caribbean sauces, ours is low in sodium and has no added sugar.
Mesa de Vida Caribbean inspired healthy cooking sauce is also a bit milder than other Caribbean and jerk sauces and marinades, allowing the entire family to enjoy the exciting taste of the tropics. Like it a little hotter? Just add a sliver of a habanero to the recipe.
Check out the exciting, all natural ingredients in our healthy cooking sauce. You don’t have to sacrifice anything for the bold, sweet, savory and succulent flavor our Caribbean cooking sauce brings to your dishes.
This Caribbean Braised Chicken Recipe is one of my absolute favorite meals. It is so simple, makes the house smell incredible, and it produces the most flavorful, tender chicken you’ll ever have! You’ll get plenty of tasty, luscious sauce, perfect for serving over rice, beans, mashed sweet potatoes, or my favorite – plantains.
- Want to turn this recipe into Jamaican Brown Stew Chicken? Simply add 2 Tb of ketchup to the braising liquid. Jamaican Brown Stew Chicken is a recipe that I’ve made for so many of my professional athlete clients over the years, they absolutely loved it. I used to have to chop all of the ingredients and break out the cabinet full of specialty spices. Not anymore – with Mesa de Vida sauces in my cupboard, everything is expertly blended right in the jar, saving so much time and even money!
- If you want more of a classic jerk flavor you’ll want to grill your chicken. Marinate overnight in the Caribbean inspired healthy cooking sauce with salt and hot sauce or habanero to taste. Wipe off excess sauce before grilling. Try making a glaze/grilling sauce (here’s how to do this easily) with the remaining sauce (bring to a full boil if using sauce from marinating) for a truly incredible recipe that will definitely not be the normal boring chicken!
Caribbean Chicken Recipe
- 2-4 lb chicken on the bone, cut up; or use 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1/2 jar Mesa de Vida Caribbean inspired healthy cooking sauce
- Salt, hot sauce and/or habanero to taste
- Heat a large skillet or dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add 2 tsp healthy oil/fat of your choice, swirl to coat.
- Optional: Season meat (chicken pieces on-or-off the bone, pork or beef roasts or tenderloin, turkey breast, etc.) to taste with salt or hot sauce.
- Sear the meat to golden brown on all sides.
- Pour your Mesa de Vida Caribbean inspired healthy cooking sauce over the meat. After pouring the sauce into the pan add enough water or broth to the jar to cover the meat about a quarter of the way, place the lid on and give it a shake to get all of the goodness out of the jar!
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat to low and cover. Simmer until meat is tender and fully cooked. Remove the meat from the pan and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Raise the heat under the sauce and bring to a boil, cook until the sauce is reduced to the thickness you desire.
- Toss the chicken back into the reduced sauce, serve and enjoy!