If you love easy, healthy recipes, but want them to be exciting and packed with flavor, you’ll love this chili recipe using Whole30 Approved, 100% Real Food Mesa de Vida healthy global gourmet cooking sauces! It is perfect for busy families that want to cook healthy, restaurant-quality meals at home more often, simply. Think of Mesa de Vida as your sous chef ready to go to work any time, because we’ve already done most of the work for you. You can trust that the meals you create with our chef-blended whole ground spices, vegetables, and herbs will be incredible, and you won’t have to compromise your health, or time, for great taste.
You may be saying to yourself, “Wait, chili? Isn’t that pretty basic?” With Mesa de Vida, it’s definitely not so basic! Read on to see why.
I absolutely love chili, and we eat it often at my home. I think this version is going to become a go-to recipe that becomes a weekly staple for you, too. It’s great for quick weeknight dinners, but I’ve served it for casual gatherings (football games, card nights) many times, and everyone is always happy. When I can create a really delicious meal, with a gourmet twist, with just pantry staples, I am thrilled.
I can serve this chili recipe up with different toppings or dippers, and if there is any leftover, it tastes even more amazing the next day for a quick lunch.
The prep work for this recipe takes about 5 minutes (thanks to the over 15 real-food ingredients already prepped and expertly blended for you), then it simmers on the stove top for just 20-30 minutes. (But it tastes like you simmered it all day long!) If you prefer to make this in your slow cooker, or Instant Pot, simply transfer the ingredients after the meat is browned, and the cooking sauce has simmered for 1 minute.
In this how-to video we’re making a #Whole30 and #Paleo friendly Beef and Butternut Squash Chili using our Latin healthy cooking and seasoning sauce (and I didn’t even need to pick up a knife), but you can easily use another ground meat of your choice, swap the butternut squash for beans, or sweet potatoes. You can even change up the flavor by using any one of our global gourmet cooking sauces for an exciting dinner! One of my favorite variations on this basic recipe is to use our North African cooking and seasoning sauce, ground lamb, and lentils. Delicious! Or, our Creole sauce, sausage, and black-eyed peas make a super fast gumbo-inspired chili. A really exciting version, if you like it hot, is to use our Caribbean cooking sauce, beef, and chickpeas. This combination is so amazing!
I’d love to hear the combination you come up with. Make sure you tag us on social media and show us what you make!
Oh yes, one more thing…your kitchen is going to smell AMAZING.
If you love this easy, versatile recipe, try our not-so-basic-basic meatloaf recipe!
Healthy Chili Recipe with a Global Gourmet Twist | Paleo | Whole30
- 1 jar Mesa de Vida Healthy Cooking and Seasoning Sauce Use Latin for the classic Tex-Mex flavor, or any of our gourmet global varieties
- 1 to 1 1/2 lb ground meat of your choice, or finely cubed chicken breasts Have a little longer for your chili to simmer, or plan on making this in your slow cooker? Cubed beef, lamb, chicken, and pork work great, too.
- Additions of your choice Canned beans, cubed sweet potatoes, cubed butternut squash, lentils, frozen vegetables all work great!
- 15 oz canned diced tomatoes
- Salt and hot sauce to your tastes
- Heat a saucepan or large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the meat of your choice, break up and cook until golden brown.
- Pour in your choice of Mesa de Vida healthy cooking and seasoning sauce, stir and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add in the additions of your choice, tomatoes, salt and hot sauce to your taste.
- Cover, turn heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!