If you’re looking for a simple, healthy chicken recipe for your Instant Pot, then Mesa de Vida healthy cooking sauces are for you!
You can make this incredibly delicious Moroccan Shredded Chicken recipe in the Instant Pot using frozen chicken tenders in just 10 minutes with our simple healthy cooking sauces. In this case we’ve used our North African inspired cooking sauce/flavor base to bring exciting Moroccan-inspired flavor to the table, but any one of our flavorful, concentrated Whole30 Approved healthy cooking sauces work great!
North African flavors are incredibly complex and fragrant, I can’t wait for you to experience the aroma in your kitchen when making this simple Instant Pot meal! Normally you’d have to purchase several spices at the store (and we all know how expensive that can be), then chop the onions, garlic, and more. With our heart healthy, gluten free sauces you just pour on the authentic flavor and know that your meal is going to be delicious!
This Instant Pot shredded chicken recipe comes together in less than 2 minutes, and cooks in just 10 minutes. I used frozen boneless, skinless chicken tenders, which are a wonderful kitchen staple to keep on hand, along with Mesa de Vida sauces of course!
You can use boneless, skinless breasts or thighs, but this is just as fabulous with beef, lamb or pork as well. Just adjust your cooking time up or down depending on the cut of meat you choose, and if it is fresh or frozen.
I served this saucy shredded chicken over mashed cauliflower with steamed spinach on the side for a simple low carb and Whole30 compliant meal in minutes. This gluten free Instant Pot recipe would also be fantastic over chickpeas, couscous, rice, roasted red potatoes, or sweet potatoes.
Make extra so you can enjoy a fast meal the next day with the leftovers! Check out this Moroccan inspired wrap I made for my family the next night. (I had mine as a salad.)
To make it I simply reheated the shredded chicken and sauce, then serve it on toasted flatbread. Spinach, tomatoes, fresh onion added fresh crunch. I made a quick gremolata-inspired topping made of finely minced feta cheese, olive-oil brined olives, fresh cilantro and parsley. This made for a satisfying, exciting alternative to an ordinary sandwich that my family loved!
Here are the steps to make Moroccan Shredded Chicken in the Instant Pot. I’ve also included techniques to make this recipe in your slow cooker or in the oven.
How to make delicious, juicy, flavorful shredded meat in the Instant Pot with Whole30 Approved Mesa de Vida healthy cooking sauces:
- Add the meat to your Instant Pot. *Optional: Sear your meat on both sides until golden brown in a bit of healthy oil/fat of your choice first, using the saute function of the Instant Pot.
- Pour your favorite flavor of Mesa de Vida Healthy Cooking Sauce, plus a bit of water over the meat. For 1 1/2 lb of frozen chicken tenders I used 3/4 cup of cooking sauce + water to equal 1 cup total.
- Add salt to taste. (Our sauces are low in sodium so you control the salt level. With so much flavor in our 100% real food cooking sauces you’ll likely find you can use far less salt than usual!)
- Cook for 10 minutes on manual. Use quick-release or natural release depending on how much time you have, either is fine.
- Stir and break up the meat as small as you like.
- Serve and enjoy!
To convert this recipe for a slow cooker: Simply pour everything into your slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours. *If you’re not using frozen chicken breasts it would only take about 3 hours.
Making in the oven? Simply combine everything into a large baking pan with high sides, and cover tightly with foil. Bake at 300 degrees for 1-2 hours, depending on the size of your chicken pieces and whether they are frozen or fresh.