Are you craving a hearty, heart-warming soup that will warm your tummy, and make your kitchen smell incredible?
This simple recipe for Caldo de Albondigas – Latin Meatball Soup – is perfect and simple to make!
I love to order albondigas when we go out for Spanish tapas. The tender, juicy little meatballs are packed with flavor and make the perfect bite. I have ordered albondigas soup at several restaurants, and unfortunately never found one that tasted incredible.
So, I got down to business to come up with a recipe that tasted amazing and was simple to make. Thankfully, with Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin inspired healthy cooking sauce, everything I need for incredible flavor is right in the jar!
While you bring the broth to a simmer, mix up the ingredients and make the meatballs. Then, all you have to do is drop them in and simmer a little longer. The rice cooks inside the meatballs, keeping them tender and juicy. The best part is some of the rice drops into the rich broth, so if you cook it just a bit longer, your broth will get full of tender rice that has soaked up a ton of the flavor.
This recipe is simple, balanced and utterly delicious. It is also a great opportunity to bring the kids into the kitchen and let them roll out the meatballs!
I hope you enjoy this easy and delicious albondigas soup recipe!
Caldo de Albondigas - Latin Meatball Soup
- 1 jar Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin inspired cooking sauce divided in half
- 1 lb ground beef substitute ground chicken, pork or turkey if you wish
- 1/2 cup rice
- 6 cups low sodium broth
- salt and hot sauce to taste
- fresh lime and cilantro optional
- Pour broth, 1/2 of the jar of Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin inspired cooking sauce, salt and hot sauce to taste into a soup pot over medium high heat. Cover and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, place the meat, rice, remaining jar of Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin inspired cooking sauce and salt to taste into a mixing bowl. Gently fold to combine. Form into small meatballs, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Gently place the albondigas into the simmering, flavorful broth, cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. *Your house is smelling amazing by now by the way.
- Simmer for 30 minutes. *Tip: If you want this to get nice and thick just reduce the heat to low at this point and cook for up to 1 1/2 hours. The rice that falls out of the albondigas soaks up even more of that flavor-packed broth, the flavor deepens even more and you'll end up with a stew-like consistency.
- Serve with fresh lime and cilantro if you like. Enjoy!
P.S. Your kitchen is going to smell SO. Good.
Explore more delicious recipes with Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin Cooking & Seasoning Sauce: