These tasty mini Spanish frittatas are are simple and delicious. I whip these up when I’m meal prepping some sides to stock the refrigerator and get a head start for the week. They take literally minutes, but with a bit of our Smoky Latin Inspired Cooking Sauce added they get a huge boost of flavor – and even nutrition! I always make a batch of sauteed mushrooms and garlicky wilted spinach for the week, adding them to breakfast or as a simple side. I just make a bit extra to make these frittatas and we have a healthy start for the week!
Want to turn these into a Spanish inspired tortilla, a popular tapas bite? Simply layer in some sauteed, thinly sliced potatoes before baking. You can make the recipe into bites for quick breakfasts on the run, or bake it up in a larger pan and you’ll have a simple, yet stunning, light lunch or dinner. *Want a real Spanish inspired feast? Make some sangria, start your guests with these frittata bites or the tortilla version, perhaps some albondigas bites made with our meatloaf recipe, then make our Paella. You’ll have the hottest spot in town!
Mini Spanish Frittatas
Makes 6, double or triple as you wish
6 eggs (use whole eggs, a combo of whole and egg whites, or all egg whites if you wish)
2 Tb Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin Inspired Cooking Sauce
Salt and hot sauce to taste
Fillings of your choice – chopped ham, sauteed mushrooms, thinly sliced sauteed potatoes, sauteed spinach, cheese, chopped kimchi, leftover roasted veggies are some ideas
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk the eggs, Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin Inspired Cooking Sauce, salt and hot sauce to taste until fluffy.
- Add something to slick up your cupcake pan, either spray with pan spray, or wipe with healthy oil/fat of your choice.
- Add a bit of your filling(s) of choice to each cupcake pan. Pour the eggs over the filling, distributing evenly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until fluffy and just cooked through to set.