A meatloaf made with Mesa de Vida is succulent, healthy, easy…and will knock your socks off! The directions for this healthy meatloaf recipe are as simple as pour, mix, shape and bake.
No more brick meatloaves or greasy gut bombs. Our light and tender meatloaf recipe is incredible!
Good news – this is a gluten-free and Whole30 compliant meatloaf recipe, and is also perfect for Grain Free or Paleo lifestyles as well, thanks to the clean ingredients in our flavor-packed healthy cooking sauces!
Making meatloaf typically starts with chopping up a bunch of aromatic vegetables, then sauteing them, and letting them cool. By the time you’re ready to mix up your meatloaf, you could have up to 30 minutes invested! Some people use other meatloaf starters, but they almost always contain a load of salt, sugar, and often chemically-derived additives. You can trust Mesa de Vida to help you create amazing meals in less time, with fewer ingredients! Our 100% real food, no-sugar-added, versatile, concentrated flavor bases allow you to achieve restaurant-quality, gourmet meals at home, without compromising taste/time/your health! #MakeItWithMesadeVida
This recipe is perfect for doubling so you can pop one into the freezer for another quick meal in your future. Or, how about making half of the mixture into meatballs? Our healthy meatloaf recipe is also a meal-prep winner.
Change up the sauce to suit your taste, or keep it exciting every week by using any of our sauces. Create a Moroccan meatloaf using our North African Cooking & Seasoning Sauce, or a Smoky Latin version made with our Smoky Latin sauce. Our Creole sauce helps you create the classic savory meatloaf flavor with a bit of kick, and the Caribbean sauce really helps you bring a unique and gourmet meatloaf to the table!
Pair with your favorite sides, from spinach to broccoli, mashed potatoes or our crispy roasted potatoes, perhaps some mashed rutabaga and parsnips with a bit of ghee. YUM.
Oh yes, one more thing…your kitchen is going to smell AMAZING.
Meatloaf Recipe - Easy, Healthy & Exciting with Mesa de Vida Gourmet Cooking & Seasoning Sauce
- 1 jar Mesa de Vida Healthy Global Gourmet Cooking & Seasoning Sauce Use any flavor of our cooking and seasoning sauces in this recipe!
- 1 to 1-1/2 lb ground meat of your choice *Keep it vegetarian by swapping in 4 cups of ground cooked chickpeas or beans of your choice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour/almond meal *You may also sub in breadcrumbs, gluten free breadcrumbs if you don't need your recipe to be grain free
- Salt to taste I use about 1 tsp. Our healthy cooking sauces have very little salt added, so you get to salt to your own tastes
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. You can use a loaf pan or a baking sheet to make your meatloaf, have either ready.
- Set aside about 3 Tb of the Mesa de Vida cooking and seasoning sauce for topping your meatloaf. Combine the remaining ingredients and mix gently, just until everything is incorporated.
- Place your mixture into a loaf pan, or form into a rectangle on a baking sheet. Spread the remaining Mesa de Vida sauce over the top of your meatloaf, coating evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is golden brown, and the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees. *If you use a narrow loaf pan it may take a bit longer to cook through in the center. Rest, slice, and enjoy!
P.S. Like this recipe? Then give our North African Kefta recipe a try!