The classic, comforting chicken soup gets elevated to an exciting new level with the simple addition of Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin gourmet cooking and seasoning sauce!
It only takes a couple of minutes to put everything into the slow cooker, and you’re rewarded with the incredible aroma of this delicious meal simmering away all day. There is nothing better than coming home to an incredible meal waiting for you, right?
You can easily change this recipe up to keep it exciting every time you make it. You can swap the sauce out for one of our other flavors. Carrots, celery, and onion are classic vegetables for chicken soup, but don’t stop there. Use zucchini, corn, diced potatoes, beans, or jalapenos as you like. Serve it up over cooked noodles if you want a global gourmet take on classic chicken noodle soup. I love to keep frozen vegetable blends on hand in my freezer for days where I don’t have time to chop, I can just toss everything into the slow cooker with less than 5 minutes of prep work. You can make a fresh new version every time you serve this delicious meal.
Leave a comment below to let me know your favorite combination!
I hope you enjoy!
*Instant Pot instructions: Place everything into the Instant Pot, cook at pressure for 10 minutes.
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken and Vegetable Soup Recipe | Paleo
- 1 to 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 carrots chopped
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 1/4 cup Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin cooking & seasoning sauce Use any flavor Mesa de Vida sauce to change the flavor up every week!
- 4 cups high quality broth Use bone broth for extra nutrition if you like
- Salt to taste and chopped hot chili pepper to taste, optional Our sauces are extremely low in sodium so you can adjust salt to your own tastes
- 1 lime for serving
- Place all of the ingredients in your slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 4 hours. The chicken will fall apart with a gentle nudging of a fork, shred to the texture you like. Serve with a squeeze of fresh lime, and enjoy!