Having friends over for the weekend? Do you all love seafood? Make our quick, easy and impressive Spanish Seafood Saute to enjoy around the table! I’ve got menu suggestions for you so you can serve 4-40 guests easily, with only about 10-15 minutes of active cooking time!
No special equipment is needed, and you can serve straight from the cooking pot. Bring this gorgeous, rustic, impressive pot of goodness to the table, along with a few easy side dishes, and you’ve got the perfect easy cocktail or dinner party menu that is easy on the cook.
For those who are in the middle of a Whole30 I’ve got you covered with easy recipe tweaks and side dish suggestions as well.
Not only do Mesa de Vida Healthy Global Gourmet Cooking & Seasoning Sauces help you cook amazing, quick and healthy weeknight meals, we’re also here for you when you want to treat your friends and family to a memorable gourmet dinner or cocktail party, and celebrate at your Table of Life!
Whether you’re a gourmet cook short on time that wants convenience products you can trust, or a not-so-confident cook that wants to look like a kitchen rock star, we’re here for you!
If you love this recipe don’t miss our post with 4 Global Gourmet Dinner Party Menus – For All Levels of Cooks for even more inspiration!
Would you like to turn this into a stunning paella? Then check out our paella recipe!
- Crusty bread for soaking up the glorious jus you’ll be creating
- Briny olives
- Assorted Spanish cheeses. I love to include a young, as well as aged Manchego, Iberico and Mahon cheeses. But any assortment of high quality cheese would be welcome on your table, I’m quite sure.
- Spanish wine or sangria
WHOLE30 ADJUSTMENTS AND MENU IDEAS
- Instead of using sherry wine, use a combination of a splash of sherry vinegar (about 1 tb) added to broth. Also, skip the peas as they’re not compliant on the Whole30. You’ll still get amazing flavor!
- Briny olives are still a great idea
- Serve with a side of crispy roasted potatoes to soak up the delicious jus.
- Enjoy a sparkling water, such as LaCroix, with a big squeeze of fresh lime and orange to serve
SPANISH SEAFOOD SAUTE
Serves 4 hungry friends, easily doubles, quadruples, or makes 10 times more if you need to serve a large group
1/2 cup sherry wine
3 Tb Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin Healthy Global Gourmet Cooking & Seasoning Sauce *click to buy now!
1 pinch sea salt
1 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
4 cups clean, fresh clams
4 cups clean, fresh mussels
Optional: shrimp, squid, fish
1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
1 tomato, cut into quarters
- Place a large skillet or sauce pot with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add your sherry wine and Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin cooking sauce. Bring to a simmer, add the sea salt and red pepper flakes.
- Add in the clams, mussels, and any other seafood you’re using. Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes until all of the clams and mussels have opened. (If you’re using large squid or shrimp you will need to cook them a few minutes ahead of time.)
- Remove from the heat and add the peas over the top. Cover again and let everything sit for about 5 minutes.
- Arrange the tomato quarters over the top, serve and enjoy!