This is a delicious braised chicken recipe that you’ll love! Simply add a little honey to our Smoky Latin cooking and seasoning sauce for a sweet to create the perfect braising sauce to make a simple chicken recipe extraordinary!
I served this braised chicken recipe for a dinner party I had recently and everyone loved it. I served it with Mexican rice, sauteed zucchini, avocado, and cotija cheese on the side. I’d love to hear how you served it at your table!
Enjoy, and cheers!
Sweet and Smoky Latin Braised Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 jar Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin cooking & seasoning sauce about 1/2 cup
- 1 whole chicken cut into individual pieces. Or substitute bone-in chicken thighs.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water or broth
- salt and hot sauce or sliced jalapenos to taste
- 8 oz mushrooms quartered *optional
- Season chicken to taste with salt.
- Heat a large stock pot, Dutch oven, or skillet with high sides over medium high heat. When hot, add chicken. Cook until golden brown on both sides, then remove to a plate. (Chicken will not be cooked through at this point.)
- Optional step: Add mushrooms to the pan, cook until golden brown.
- Lower the heat to low, then add Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin cooking and seasoning sauce, honey, and salt to taste to the pan. Stir and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken back to the pot, stir to coat with the sauce. Cover and cook on low for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked through and tender. *The sauce should begin to form from the chicken juices releasing into the pan during cooking, but if the heat under your pan is too high and the sauce gets too thick simply add 1/4 cup water at a time.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, remove to a serving platter. If the sauce is very thin (depending on the size of the pan, size of the chicken, heat level, etc.), simply continue cooking the sauce until a thick, rich glaze forms.
- Spoon the rich, sweet and smoky sauce over the chicken .serve and enjoy!