This easy and delicious pork and root vegetable chili is made it with an all-natural (no nitrates, no sugar) chorizo, cubed root vegetables, a jar of Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin healthy cooking sauce, a bit of broth and that’s it! The flavor was so delicious, it happens to be a Paleo and Whole30 friendly recipe, so whip this one up the next time you need a comforting, quick meal. It is also great for feeding a crowd for tailgating so you have a gluten free, healthy option that even the pickiest of eaters will love!
Pork and Root Vegetable Chili Recipe | Paleo and Whole30
- 12-16 oz ground pork (I used an all-natural, nitrate and sugar free pork chorizo for this recipe)
- 4 cups chopped root vegetables of your choice I used a pre-chopped convenient package from the produce department so I didn't have to chop anything! But carrots, parsnips, turnips, sweet potatoes, potatoes, even fennel and golden beets would be delicious!
- 1 jar Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin inspired healthy cooking sauce
- 15 oz canned chopped tomatoes Feel free to get the diced tomatoes with chopped hot or sweet peppers if you wish!
- 2-4 cups high quality, low sodium broth
- Salt and hot sauce to taste
- Preheat a large skillet or soup pot over medium heat, when hot add the pork and Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin inspired cooking sauce. Stir often, breaking up the meat into crumbles.
- Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a simmer. Cover and cook on low until the vegetables are tender. If you chop your vegetables fine this will take less time (about 20 minutes), or use large pieces and simmer as long as you'd like.
- If you'd like to turn this into a slow cooker meal simply add the ingredients to your slow cooker after browning the pork and come home to an amazing aroma, and comforting chili you're going to love!