This family-friendly taco-inspired pasta recipe can be on your table in about 15 minutes! This is a healthier, “gourmet” version of the burger “helper” meal kits that are loaded with artificial ingredients, sugar, sodium, and low nutritional value. Our version comes together in just about the same amount of time, is packed with nutrition – and our recipe is also so much better tasting!
A Healthy “Helper” Pasta Recipe
Our version of Taco Pasta starts with our flavor-packed Smoky Latin Inspired Recipe Starter and Seasoning Sauce which is loaded with fruits, vegetables, whole ground spices and herbs. With a jar of our multi-tasking sauce, it’s like you had a personal chef do most of the prep work for you!
Easy Taco Pasta Recipe
If you love pasta, and a rich, thick flavorful sauce that coats every noodle for the ultimate healthy-comfort-food bite, this recipe is for you!
- This recipe can be made with any ground meat, or meat alternative of your choice. Ground, grass-fed beef is my family’s favorite, but I also make it with ground chicken or turkey, and if I want to make a vegetarian version, I’ll use ground meat alternative crumbles.
- This Taco Pasta recipe can be made with any pasta of your choice. I love to make mine with gluten-free, high protein Banza chickpea pasta, but any pasta works! You can even make this recipe low-carb and Whole30/Paleo friendly by substituting any vegetable pasta of your choice. (Skip the cheese if you’re making this Whole30 or Paleo-friendly. )
- This recipe doesn’t need any oil for cooking. If you want to make the recipe fat-free or low-fat, simply use a fat-free, or low-fat meat/meat alternative.
- This recipe is also a great place to sneak in some extra nutrition (although our recipe starter sauce is already made with a farmers-market basket full of veggies!) I’ll sometimes start the recipe by browning up some minced mushrooms, add in a couple of handfuls of baby spinach, or add in cooked black beans, as well.
- If you get your pasta on to cook, then proceed with making the rest of the recipe, your meal will be on the table in about 15 minutes!
I hope you love our easy, healthy version of Taco Pasta! Enjoy!
Taco Pasta | Mesa de Vida
- 12 oz pasta of your choice (regular, whole wheat, chickpea, gluten-free, or veggie pasta) any size/shape will do, but short shapes (penne, ziti, rotini, farfalle, rigatoni, oriecchette, cavatelli, conchiglie, gemelli, casarecce, etc.) are preferred for this type of thick, rich, "meaty" sauce
- 1 lb ground meat, or meat substitute, of your choice
- 1 jar Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin Inspired Recipe Starter and Seasoning Sauce
- salt to taste our recipe starter sauces are extremely low in sodium so you can control the salt to your own taste preference/health needs.
- Optional: 2 large handfuls of baby spinach (for a boost of nutrition and greens)
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sliced olives, fresh cilantro, sliced jalapenos, or fresh chopped onion
- Get the pasta on to cook according to manufacturers instructions. When fully cooked, drain fully.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the meat/meat alternative, and pour in your jar of Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin Inspired Recipe Starter and Seasoning Sauce. Add about 1 Tb of water to the empty jar and shake to get all of the thick, rich concentrated flavors out! Add salt to taste.
- Cook, stirring often and breaking up the meat/meat alternative, until the meat is fully cooked, and the sauce is thick and rich, about 10 minutes. *Optional: Stir in a couple of handfuls of baby spinach after the meat is cooked and wilt into the sauce, which takes about 1 minute.
- Toss the hot cooked pasta with the "meaty" sauce, add toppings of your choice, and enjoy!
EXPLORE MESA DE VIDA
- Cooking tips
- Cooking with Pantry Staples
- In The Media
- Meal Planning
- Caribbean recipes
- Creole recipes
- Easy Recipes
- Global Gourmet Pizza Series
- Gluten free recipes
- Healthy beef recipes
- Healthy chicken recipes
- Healthy Seafood Recipes
- Mediterranean Recipes
- North African recipes
- Not So Basic Basics Series
- Pasta Series
- Slow Cooker & Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Smoky Latin recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Whole30, Paleo, Grain Free, Legume Free recipes
- Slow Cooker & Pressure Cooker Recipes