Best Easy Tortilla Soup Recipe
Top with crushed tortilla chips and a fresh lime wedge upon serving. You can make this recipe Paleo and Whole30 friendly by skipping the beans and tortillas. Includes instructions for making this tortilla soup recipe in your slow cooker, or your Instant Pot. You can also convert this into a Mexican chicken and rice soup recipe by adding ½ cup plain rice when you start the recipe.
- 1 lb diced chicken breast *Substitute cooked chicken breast, this is a fabulous way to create another meal with your leftovers!
- 1 jar Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin Cooking and Seasoning Sauce
- 6 cups broth
- 1 can beans of your choice black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, white beans all work well
- 1 cup frozen corn optional
- Salt and hot sauce to taste
- Crushed tortilla chips for topping
- Diced avocado for topping
- Fresh lime for serving
Place the ingredients into a slow cooker, heavy pot or Instant Pot. Mix to combine.
For the stove top: Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, lower the heat to low, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
For the slow cooker: Cook on low for 2-4 hours.
For Instant Pot: Cook for 6 minutes at high pressure.
Stir, add toppings of your choice, and enjoy!