Slow Cooker Creole Chicken, Sausage and Shrimp
Servings: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 jar Mesa de Vida Creole Cooking & Seasoning Sauce
- 3/4 lb chicken thighs bone-in, skinless, or boneless.
- 3/4 lb smoked sausage cut into 1" thick slices. Aim to use nitrate-free, sugar-free if possible. Andouille sausage is great for this, but use any sausage you like
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup water or broth
- 2 cups frozen okra *optional
- 3/4 lb fresh or frozen shrimp peeled and deveined
- rice, cauliflower rice, pasta, or bread for serving
Add the sauce, chicken thighs, sausage, water, and salt to the slow cooker. *Make sure add some of the water to your jar of Mesa de Vida after you pour in the sauce to make sure you get every bit of goodness out! *Add frozen okra at this point if you're using.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Add the shrimp and stir into the pot. If using frozen add 30 minutes prior to serving, if using fresh shrimp add 15 minutes prior to serving.
Shred chicken and stir into the soup, serve and enjoy!