Creamy Moroccan Butternut Squash and Chickpea Soup Recipe | Dairy Free | Vegetarian
Creamy, yet fat free! Delicious served with a dollop of pumpkin seed and cilantro pesto made by pureeing 2 Tb roasted pumpkin seeds, 1 clove garlic, 1 Tb fresh lemon juice and about ¼ cup olive oil with salt to taste. Add a kick by adding a bit of jalapeno or red chili if you like. Yum!
- 10 oz frozen cubed butternut squash or 2 cups fresh peeled butternut squash, cubed
- 1 jar Mesa de Vida North African cooking and seasoning sauce
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 4 cups broth
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets optional
- salt and hot sauce to taste
Place the ingredients into a slow cooker, heavy pot or InstantPot. Mix to combine.
For the stove top: Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, lower the heat to low, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
For the slow cooker: Cook on low for 2-4 hours.
For Instant Pot: Cook for 6 minutes at high pressure.
Turn off the heat and puree until smooth using an immersion blender or transferring carefully to a blender.
Stir and enjoy!